Sunday, November 21, 2010

Maple Trail

Maple Trail, L. Daniel, 9 x 12


I found myself especially smitten by the glow-y quality of sunlit maple trees in Lost Maples Park. Something about the extremely saturated color punctuated with dark, vertical tree trunks kept calling my name. For this one I set up right on the trail, which was kind of an open invitation for hikers to stop and look. They were very respectful and most gave a little encouraging word as they passed. Several asked if they could take pictures... funny to think I will be showing up in vacation albums!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Fall piece..I feel as though I am taking a nice walk getting some fresh air.

brianleepainter said...

You sure did capture a time in place, laurel.

You know what, I took a trip to Lost Maples last Thursday and camped until Saturday evening. I was out plein air painting and ran into Carol marine and Penny for the first time. Looks like I just missed ya.

I remember this area that you had painted, very pleasing.