Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kruger's Corner

Kruger's Corner, L. Daniel, 7 x 10, graphite, SOLD


Today was the 30th World-Wide Sketchcrawl, an event that has been going on for 6 years. Our Plein Air Austin group has participated for the last few years and it's always a really fun event. We meet up at a local coffee shop (first things first) and then everyone wanders off to sketch whatever catches his or her fancy. My first stop was this old jewelry store basking in the sun (though I was personally a bit chilly sitting in the shade on the other side of the street.)

2 comments:

Donna Crosby said...

It was nice meeting you Laurel. The coffee shop was warm and had a lot of subject matter. Nice sketch of a local spot.

Kathy Cousart said...

I am such a fan- This is wonderful! I can see where such beautiful drawing skills can only help your painted pieces be all the better. I am going to work on that!