Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Farmer's Field - Adirondack Trip (last)

Farmer's Field, L. Daniel, 6 x 12, SOLD


This is my final painting from the Adirondack Invitational trip with Plein Air Magazine. And what a fabulous trip it was! Beautiful country, wonderful people, a great adventure! This row of trees on the horizon called my name as I was scouting out some country side roads late one afternoon. I found a tree that protected me from both sun and rain while I was painting... it was that kind of day. 


Thank you for your many notes of encouragement about these paintings, I really appreciate being able to share the experience with friends. AND, right now I am actually painting a giant version of this scene in my studio (3' x 5')... so stay tuned... I will post about it later, when it is finished, dry and photographable. Extending the fun... :)

9 comments:

jack purvis said...

A wonderful series of paintings. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Stormy Meadow. I can walk into that one.
Congratulations.
Jack

Amy Hillenbrand said...

I really like this one, can't wait to see the gi-normous one.

postcardsfromthemainline said...

It's so nice to see a really simple scene come alive in the hands of a fine painter. Make me wish I had been there.

Denise Rose said...

I have also loved seeing your paintings from this trip. It looks like it was not only fun but a successful trip for you! Can't wait to see the larger version of this little jewel!

Art Collector's Corner said...

So nice! like the mood created in the painting.

Barbara Muir said...

I love this and can't wait to see it larger Laurel.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOBarbara

Kathy Cousart said...

I have loved all the series from your trip too! This is beautiful and will be fabulous done big:) You can take any scene and just make it a painting that sings back to us. Talented!

Randall said...

Wow, 3'x5' is crazy big and I bet a ton of fun. I wonder how much white you'll use, lol. Can't wait to check it out.

~Kirby

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is soooo beautiful - some lucky person got it! I love that you are sharing your evolution to 'big' time, too. I have a few frighteningly large canvases in my studio, too.