Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunny Side

Sunny Side, 12 x 9, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2012

I was very taken with the shadow and light patterns on this cottage. Painting them was a great study of temperature (warms and cools), linear perspective and simplification. Architecture always offers a different kind of challenge. It's so important to just see shapes and how they relate to each other, but that can be very hard! I did have lots of encouragement from the peacocks that live here (Mayfield Park). They kept constant watch over me as I worked! 

2 comments:

Tracey Mardon said...

Just the perfect amount of detail and great shapes! Peacocks reminds me of the pair at AMOA when we were there.

Barbara Muir said...

Super painting and discussion. And three cheers for the peacocks. Quite an image.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXBarbara