Monday, May 13, 2013

Pink Room

Pink Room, 16 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013 - SOLD

Interiors... I have been interested in trying to capture the angles and intimacies of private spaces for a long time but I haven't ever gotten around it. Fear? Maybe. After taking the workshop with Colley Whisson a couple of weeks ago (he does gorgeous ones), I was inspired to try a few of my own. I have always collected photos of rooms with interesting light and cool perspectives, so I had some resources to jump right in. This is one of the bedrooms at the French Legation here in Austin. More to come!

5 comments:

silentwitness said...

Wonderful interior, Laurel. There is SO much going on in this tiny space--I could look at it over nad over and see something new within it each time. It is fantastic!

Linda Nickles said...

Ooh, I love this painting, Laurel! You've captured a beautiful glow in this room. Stunning!

Sharon L. Graves said...

this is beautiful Laurel. love all the facets of lights, shadows, items, etc.

Randall said...

Nice one Laurel, love the colors and the lighting is really neat. I've done a couple plein air paintings indoors and did one at 2am in the morning, yes 2am lol. I needed a lamp to give me some lighting and used one of those climp on lamps from the big box store. That was the first time i could really see the colors acurately enough worked great. It's somewhere on my blog if you want to look at it. Wow, Colley does some really good good ones too.

Randall

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Laurel,

I love interiors too. This is so lovely.

XOXOXOXOBarbara