Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hilltop Skies and Garden View

Hilltop Skies, 40 x 30, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2013 - SOLD

Garden View, 18 x 18, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2013 - SOLD

Here are two more paintings for my upcoming show (yes, I have been stock-piling). Hilltop Skies is a typical Hill Country field in springtime, filled with wildflowers and big clouds. I say "typical" but there is nothing ordinary about spring in Texas. I can never get enough. Garden View offers a similar riot of color, but from a cozy cottage on the coast of Georgia. Both scenes speak to me of the comfort and peace of home. And "home" comes in many forms for each of us. 

Landscapes: Interior-Exterior
Davis Gallery, Austin, Texas
Opens October 5th, 7-9pm

3 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

These are both beautiful Laurel - I love the pop of the flowers!

Sarah S said...

I'm really enjoying your work and blog~

Sarah S said...

I'm really enjoying your work and blog~