Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Farm - Christmas Commission

Family Farm, 16 x 16, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2014
Commission - Sold

The holidays have come and gone and we are already halfway through January! How did that happen? This Christmas, I was commissioned by some dear friends to paint their daughter-in-law's family farm in Iowa (she lives in Texas now). They secretly gathered photos and information from her parents and grandparents for the project; and it was a fun team effort bringing about this Christmas surprise. Are my friends great in-laws, or what?

In the process, I quite fell in love with this wonderful, gothic barn and the brood of chickens who reside there. I did several small studies in preparation, to get "practiced up" on my chicken painting techniques. So… more feathered friends to come. :)

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So LOVELY!

Sharon L. Graves said...

My favorite kind of barn. Love the perspective.

Unknown said...

Bravo Laurel! I love doing these type commissions, as they are so meaningful. Best in 2014!

Barbara Muir said...

This is beautiful. I love the perspective and the colour.

Super. Happy New Year!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

frances said...

Love that Red Barn and the perky chickens.....makes me smile.