Thursday, January 30, 2014

Three Pears

Three Pears, 10 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
Workshop Demo

Last weekend I taught a still life workshop here in Austin. I thought I was pretty clever scheduling a warm, indoor workshop in January... and then the polar blast arrived. The city came to a near halt due to ice on roads and overpasses; and we almost had to cancel. But in spite of the wintery threats, we all made our way to the studio and painted lovely fruits and flowers while the storm blew through. This was my demo piece from our first session. Many thanks to my brave students who risked life and limb for art!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I love the way the bright colors balance each other so well.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Oh so lovely! Enjoy your workshops. You are quite inspiring. xoxo

Unknown said...

Great demo, Laurel. I'm sure this made it worth everyone's getting to class.