Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pom Sketch - Eleven of 30 in 30

Pom Sketch, 5 x 7, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
#11 in 30 Day Challenge
Click to purchase $100 + $16 s/h

Today's painting is a tonal sketch of my garden pomegranates. My goal was to focus only on shapes and values to capture their simple beauty. For my painter friends, I painted an overall tone on the whole canvas, then used both a reductive and an additive approach to establish the forms (wiping away and painting back in). My paint was a combination of ultramarine blue and burnt sienna mixed to a dark neutral. 

Please join me for these upcoming Workshops:
January 22-24, 2015 | Still Life | Click here to register: Austin, Texas
March 26-29, 2015 | Plein Air | Click here to register: Austin, Texas
April 30-May 2, 2015 | Plein Air | Click here to register: St. Simons Island, GA

2 comments:

Xochitl said...

I am so inspired and motivated by your daily paintings. I appreciate you sharing your inspirations and your process.

Barbara Muir said...

Amazing how the colour gives it a Renaissance feeling.

Lovely!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara