Thursday, May 18, 2017

Big Commission - In Situ!

A Capitol Evening (detail), 60 x 72, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2017
Commissioned for the Dell Seton Medical Center, University of Texas
SOLD

Those who followed my posts at the start of the year will remember that I painted my largest painting ever, for the new teaching hospital at the University of Texas. It was a terrifying, but wonderful challenge for me. Well, I have an update. This past weekend, the Medical Center threw a grand opening party for the public to view the new facility. Below are pictures of my painting "in situ". That grin on my face lasted all day! (Okay, I am still glowing a bit.) I am honored and grateful beyond words to have my work showcased in this great institution of healing. 

Click HERE for original post on this piece. (The other two paintings I did for them were not viewable at the reception as some areas were closed off... no pics of those.)






2 comments:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Glowing, giddy, excited ecstatic! You should be all. The work is beautiful!

Marilyn Flanegan said...

Your smile says it all, Laurel. Commissions are tough, so of course you're still glowing - it's a lovely, ginormous painting!! I appreciate you taking us along on this journey with your previous posts. Wishing you heartfelt congratulations and continued success.